Resources for International Travel

Information regarding International Travel for faculty, staff and students in the College of Liberal Arts at The University of Texas at Austin, including specifics on Requests for Travel Authorization (RTAs), VE6 (Correction Document for the RTA) Procedure, VP5 (Travel Payment Voucher) Procedure, VE5/RTA for Travel Reimbursements to Non-Employees Instead of APS, Meal Allowance information, Policy on International Travel to Restricted Regions, the COLA Policy for Travel Occurring in the First/Last Week of Classes/Final Exam Periods, Student Travel Policy for International Locations and information regarding mileage reimbursements:

The University of Texas at Austin Handbook of Business Procedures, Travel Section:

The University of Texas System Office of Travel Services:

Travel Management Services for the University of Texas at Austin from the Office of the Vice President for University Operations

The University of Texas International Office information on Overseas Insurance:

Hotel Reservations with rates pre-negotiated by the state may be made through the State Travel Management Program at the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts website:

Car Rental reservations are required to be made using one of five UT Austin contract car vendors, Travel Management Services has more information on that:

Flight option information through the state and 3rd parties can also be found at Travel Management Services: